Tuesday 29 October 2013

RYO'S NOODLES, CROWS NEST

 photo P8227785_zps0b4de00c.jpg

My favourite ramen in Singapore has got to be Ippudo at Mandarin Gallery, and guess what! They have an Ippudo in one of the food courts in Sydney. Jaw drop. But anyway, Gen didn't take us to have that since we have it in Singapore. She took us to Ryo's Noodles in Crows Nest to try out their famous ramen! 

 photo P8227775_zpsdaf4d27a.jpg
Its a small little shop with an incredibly yellow interior. My Olympus Pen struggles with indoor and night white balance so this made it go crazy and all my pictures are overly warm. Excuse me for that! Back to the shop. Its really cute. I like all the handwritten pieces of paper covering all the walls that show each item of the menu. It has a really warm environment. Both warm as in homey and warm as in warm. You can almost hear our happy sighs as we stepped out of the cold winter night and into this warm little store. Ahhhh.

 photo P8227774_zpseeed1c31.jpg  photo P8227778_zpsd1c86249.jpg  photo P8227782_zps98468c39.jpg
I think Gen ordered the ramen in sour salt flavoured soup with fried prawn balls and veges. I think. Hahaha

 photo P8227781_zps0f7049e1.jpg
Ramen in miso-flavoured soup!

 photo P8227779_zps6c770bf3.jpg
Ramen in soy sauce flavoured soup with roast pork, nori, egg, and shallots. This was #1 in the Top 5 list, so its no surprise that I chose that. I'm a boring safe choice maker. Hahaha But still it was definitely hearty and satisfying!

 photo P8227784_zps4b39953f.jpg
Doesn't this picture make you want to have some Gyoza right now? Haha

It was good, but I don't miss this as much because I know I still have Ippudo here. But there are some things unique to Sydney and I'm totally craving for them. Like their chocolate tarts, snickers pie, thai fried chicken etc. Ugh! Hahaha 

Eunice


No comments:

Post a Comment