Monday 21 October 2013

CHAT THAI

 photo P8187339_zpsc0d7880c.jpg
To me, Chat Thai is like Singapore's Thai Express, basically a Thai restaurant thats on the pricier side, but better. I love Thai food for the bursts of flavour and comfort-food-like quality, and this definitely did not disappoint. Gen says she has supper here quite often, and I can see why. I've been missing Chat Thai. I need a good (affordable) Thai supper place in Singapore.

 photo P8187319_zpse0afbd3d.jpg
Padt Si-Ew. Stir-fried wide rice noodles with chicken and chinese kale in dark soy sauce. All I can is Mm-mm-mmm. I told Gen I think I can finish a whole other plate of this even after eating all the rest of the dishes. I still think I can. Haha Oh, it is so good. 

 photo P8187325_zps9820681d.jpg
Gai Yaang. Char-grilled turmeric and lemongrass marinated chicken with
smoked chilli and tamarind relish. If you marinate chicken wings with all these flavourful spices, grill them and put them in front of me, theres a super high chance that I'm gonna give you a mega thumbs for it. YUM.

 photo P8187337_zps6835b1f6.jpg
Padt Thai. This particular Thai dish has never really been on my Thai must eat list. Not even after I tried it in Bangkok. But this one was pretty good! It tasted pretty similar to the Pad Si-Ew above, just maybe sweeter because of the tamarind and palm sugar sauce. But still, as most Thai food go, very comfort-food-like.

 photo P8187316_zps595f48f5.jpg
Par Tuhng Go. I read somewhere that this is the Thai take on the Chinese YouTiao, only, in miniature size. They are deep fried bread-like sticks and are served with a side of kaya, or rather, their pandan custard. I don't like kaya though, but I loved eating them plain, even if that might seem like a waste of good kaya to some.

 photo P8217714_zpsbc9a5c28.jpg
I'm not actually sure what this is called but Gen introduced it to me as Boat Noodles. It reminded me of the Vietnamese Pho, but which also means its super good (I love Pho!). I love a good bowl of rice noodles in hearty broth. I think this and the par tuhng go above might be only part of the late night supper menu so they are only available after a certain time, but I can't be too sure.

 photo P8187318_zpsc2557837.jpg  photo P8187335_zps303683d6.jpg

We went there twice during our trip, and its still one of the food places I miss although its been almost two months. Haha Writing about all of these places doesn't help either. It just starts a craving I know can't be fixed until the day I step back into Sydney, and I must say, that gets upsetting to think about. Hahaha

Eunice


No comments:

Post a Comment