Wednesday 27 February 2013

SOMETHING OLD

 photo lyrics1_zps6ad15bc4.jpg
 photo lyrics2_zps86b7883f.jpg
 photo lyrics3_zpsf4c3ca61.jpg
 photo lyrics4_zps47089e0b.jpg

I used to have a hobby, well, actually I don't really think its considered a hobby. Haha Well, I used to be really into hand lettering. Every now and then I would chance upon a song I was really into and draw the lyrics out onto the back of my foolscap pad during the 'putting me to sleep' moments in school. I loved the way alphabets could be so easily manipulated to fit into the little nooks and crannies, and even the way I could make them look so rigid. I was sort of a perfectionist, insisting on perfectly smooth lines or a generally consistent width of lines, but it provided a sense of satisfaction when I completed each piece. 

These are just four of them that I could find, I'm really not too sure where the rest are, and I have quite a bit more smaller projects in random notebooks that. (Maybe I should dig them up and post them on instagram!) But the thing is, its been forever since I've done a new one. Most of the time it comes down to the feeling that I just don't have the patience anymore. But I'm not giving up! I wanna get back on working on more hand lettered pieces because it really challenges my mind design wise and I've been thinking of ways to get inspired creatively so this might be one of them! Watch this space! :) Eunice



No comments:

Post a Comment